Contemporary engineering requires that practitioners specialize. There is simply too much to know for any one individual to deal with all of the technical aspects of most engineering projects. Still, real-world engineering problems are almost never neatly divided into mechanical, electrical, chemical, civil, and other categories. Thus, there is a need for all engineers to have at least a basic knowledge of the full spectrum of specialties throughout the engineering profession, not to mention consideration of economics and environmental, political, and social issues.
Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering Pdf
It is paradoxical that while we need an ever-increasing depth of knowledge in our particular field, we also need an ever-broadening general education. This book presumes to present the fundamentals of electrical engineering. It is recommended to those who seek an understanding of the fundamentals of electrical engineering, separated from important, but nonessential, digressions into detailed technical analyses that are essential to in-depth specialized studies. This is not to say that the material is written in the “EE for dummies” style, which is so popular in contemporary writing.
The fundamentals are treated with the same scientific and mathematical rigor as one would rightfully expect in any engineering textbook. It is just that many topics which are necessary for one to learn in order to claim the title of “expert” are intentionally omitted. The book is intended as the beginning, and not the end, of EE study. Of necessity, the content is colored by the judgment of the authors as to just what these “fundamentals” are, based on their personal experience with a combined 73 years of teaching and practice. Still, a conscious effort has been made to include the many suggestions and constructive criticisms of colleagues within and outside of electrical engineering
Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering PDF
In the context of contemporary engineering curricula, this book is recommended as a textbook for two types of courses:
1. A Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering course which would be taken by EE majors and offered at institutions which prefer to give their students an overview of EE before in-depth EE courses are required. One benefit of such a course is that much of the time spent on the fundamentals in specialty courses could be then reduced.
2. A course which would be taken by non-EE majors to provide an understanding of EE fundamentals and a general appreciation of just what EE is all about. Outside of academia, the book is recommended to anyone, but especially practicing engineers of all specialties, who seek an understanding of the fundamentals of electrical engineering. The book assumes an engineering background on the part of readers, with appropriate undergraduate competencies in science and mathematics. On the other hand, an understanding of advanced mathematics and science is not required. There are two fundamental applications of electromagnetic phenomena:
1. The processing and transmission of energy
2. The processing and transmission of information
Thus, the book is divided into two parts:
1. Fundamentals of electrical energy processing (Chapters 1 through 5)
2. Fundamentals of electrical information processing (Chapters 6
These two parts match the authors’ spheres of expertise (Professor Gross the former, and Professor Roppel the latter). The case for the study of EE is strong. The necessity to control energy is essential to modern civilization, and energy in the electrical form is an important part of that.
The capabilities and applications of electronic information processing surpass even the imaginations of most science fiction writers. A proposed catalog description of a course for which this book would serve as an appropriate textbook.
©downloadfreepdfbooks.com/ fundamentals of electrical engineering pdf.